Science, agriculture and technology working hand in hand
Close cooperation with regional, conventional and organic farmers and beekeepers enables high-quality field trials.
Through many years of cooperation and a large number of successfully conducted studies, our partners from agriculture are already sensitized to scientific requirements. Additionally, they contribute a wealth of invaluable experience, because not all challenges in field trials can be foreseen from a desk. Thus, through joint work, a climate of shared learning has developed from which everyone benefits.
Ideal for field research even under GLP
Neu-Ulrichstein offers all the possibilities of agricultural practice, from arable farming to animal husbandry. This includes land, equipment and research expertise.
Embedded in a GLP test facility with ecotoxicological expertise and laboratory background, even land-intensive projects can be realized on an area of more than 50 hectares - for example, large-scale field projects with bees on specially created areas.
We offer an extensive infrastructure and professional support for this:
- Agricultural land (20 hectares of grassland, 30 hectares of arable land and options for additional land if required).
- Agricultural infrastructure (e.g. a vehicle fleet with agricultural machinery)
- 14C radionuclide area (about 400 m2)
- Stables for poultry, large and small ruminants (Section 11 of the Animal Protection Act).
- Quarantine areas
- Weather station of the German Weather Service
- Terrestrial and aquatic model ecosystems
- Flowing and static outdoor mesocosms
- Aquatic connection to nearby ponds and streams
- Good laboratory practice (GLP category 4; 7 and 9)
Versatility, flexibility and competence through local partners
A network of regional institutions and companies has been established around the Neu-Ulrichstein Research Center, whose extensive experience and expert knowledge can be drawn upon for a wide variety of research projects.
Our local and regional partners offer, for example:
- Bee research and beekeeping
- Agriculture in farming and dairy cattle (organic and conventional)
- Taxonomists in different fields (terrestrial and aquatic)
- Environmental analysis
- Soil science